Middlesbrough’s restaurant week starts TODAY! Monday 1st May through to Sunday 7th. Restaurant weeks have become a popular way to celebrate thriving restaurant markets around the country in various towns and cities.
Restaurants offer discounts and offers to entice you in for some seriously good grub. I loved Newcastle’s version during my time at university so I thought I’d share some of my highlights of what’s to offer in Middlesbrough this week! The other half of TNN will also share hers…
My top picks of Middlesbrough’s Restaurant Week
Bedford Street Coffee
If you’ve read any of the other blog posts here on TNN, you will know that I’m partial to a good coffee! With that being said, Bedford Street Coffee is my first top pick of highlights from Middlesbrough’s Restaurant Week. They’re offering special addition toasted bagels for £4.75; either black pepper, pastrami and gherkins OR mozzarella, sun-dried tomato and jalapeno. Delicious!
Nosh Healthy Kitchen
With summer fast approaching (even though with the weather you wouldn’t think so) it is probably time for me to start thinking about those #SummerBody goals. My next top pick, NOSH Healthy Kitchen could potentially help me to shred some weight (hopefully). This week they’re offering ‘Restaurant Week Taster Boxes’ with a choice of chicken or vegetarian to deliberate between.
Sharon’s Top Picks for Middlesbrough’s Restaurant Week
I’ve got to pick The Curing House as one of my top favourites– a restaurant that I’ve been to so much over the last year that I think I must be one of their most loyal customers! Their attention to detail is spot on. You can only create great food with great ingredients and that is something that Peter and his team know a great deal about. I even felt comfortable enough to take some business colleagues visiting from Bristol there and even they were wowed by it and let me tell you the choice in Bristol is ah-mazing.The only thing I’ve never had is brunch so figuring I might just have to give it a whirl.
My other go to when I want a quick no fuss lunch or dinner is always Al Forno’s and I always eat the same meal every single time because it is so damn good and they’ve never let me down — Pollo Cajun ( Cajun Chicken) with roasted peppers and sun blush tomatoes in a not too spicy sauce — I want one now as I write!
So what are you waiting for? Get out there and support this great initiative!!
A-Z List of Offers
- Al Forno – Half parmo, chips, salad and soft drink for £5.95
- Akbars – 10% discount
- Bedford Street Coffee – Special edition bagel for £4.75
- Dovecot – 20% discount
- Elianos – 3 course dinner for £14 per person
- Fellinis – 10% off blackboard specials
- Goodbodys – Special offers on certain dishes
- Great Modern Greek Food
- Holiday Inn Express – 3 course dinner for £10 per person
- Kushi – 10% discount on your meal
- La Pharmacie
- Manjaros – 20% discount on your meal
- Mohujos – Burrito and a canned drink for £5.25
- Nosh – Special offers on tasting boxes from £7
- Pizza Hut – 2 dine for £20 deal
- The Chairman – Burger Deal from £15
- The Curing House – 10% off brunch menu
- The Dickens – 10% discount
- The Fork in the Road – Any 2 course with free glass of wine, tea or coffee between 5PM – 6.30PM
The region’s other restaurant weeks
There are quite a few restaurant weeks around the region and I asked the North East blogosphere for some of their posts we can share and you can discover more!
- Debbie at My Boys Club blogged about Sunderland’s restaurant week that was in March this year here!
- Emma at Canny Food actually organised Newcastle’s vegetarian restaurant week which you can read about here!
- Chloe at New Girl in Toon and Stephanie Fox have both previously blogged about events in Newcastle. You can read Chloe’s here and check out Stephanie’s below…
I hope you have enjoyed this blog post and discovered a lot about the various restaurant weeks around the region. I really hope you go out and spend some money this week and support local businesses – especially the independents! For more info on Middlesbrough’s event here is a link to the ‘Love Middlesbrough’ site.